10/18/11

Nothing but Crippling Doubt

Nothing but Crippling Doubt

I vote for PEACE
called the divided tribes.

But in this land stability
equals submission.

These villagers pose as
wide eyed citizens.

Posing

because their private ballots stalls
carry public holes on their walls.

I refuse to vote
whisper none united voices.

Fear is braided with doubt
Here, only the "Fou" shouts

And here we live,
in the land of giant shrimps.

Carlos Jesus Fernandez-Torres


Para mi abuelo

I have so many faults.
Like the earth I tremble.
I break and separate.
I get over heated and explode.
I flood my static with tears.
I self destruct and

and

rebuild. And
I know you did too. And
you planted seeds. And
started from itch
to teach your kids how to truly be
rich.

You are half of your son
and a quarter of me.
And. You came to my sister for her wedding day.
I was too young to see clearly.
When will you come see me?
Too young to know what you built after the
scratch. But you sculpted it through your son.

And your son became your sun.

And he became mine.

And I still want to speak to you,
Even though I have no idea what’d I say.
To your statue I’ll continue to pray
in my times of earthquakes, hurricanes and decay.
With only the few memories of you,
hoy is not today,

Carlos J. Fernandez-Torres


Left to Right

When I watched I stared.
When I heard I listened.
After staring I painted,
After listening I sang.

The portrait contains what keeps me
restrained,
I cautiously combined the colors to convey the
pain.
But my sacrifices are not all cold
rain.
For the song that I sing,
expresses absolutely no
sting.
Because even though you can’t see it
it is brighter than yellow.

This song is my left.
It is me not leaving.
My painting is my right.
It is not always correct.

Right to Left.

Carlos Jesus Fernandez-Torres

No comments:

Post a Comment