5/8/11

Somehow we'll make it because that's what we do


African Night

Good night
The radiant rain releases a rusty aroma right into my memories
As the melodic tunes bounce into my ear drums
Thoughts swing back and forth in my mind
I stare at the screen, the keys feel abnormally hot.
Sitting on a cushion I bought with my own money
I smell the scent of the freshly finished cooked meal floating into my nostrils
I write this collection of contemplations
A fly gets caught in a web, it buzzes its last bad byes
Great night, good night!

April 17, 2011


Civil Storm

Storm on the war
Fulfill the feeling
Stealing what remains.
Stained where it hurts.
Dirt on your face,
Trace where it came from.
Drums in the background
Around the corner store.
Doors are slamming shut
But is it the storm?
Adore what is lost,
Cost of what is missing?
Crying to fulfill
Fulfill the feeling

April 28, 2011


Bridge

Take me away,
Take me away.
To the place in your mind,
when you wrote this lyric.
To the person who inspired
you to let yourself go.
Introduce me to that moment.
Let me be its acquaintance.

Take me to that playground,
Where your imagination spun,
Round and round, up and down
jumping off the swing set,
climbing and sliding.
Creative bliss

Take me away,
Take me there.
Don’t open your eyes.
Stay in the chorus.
Don’t close your mind,
Channeling inspiration.

Close your wings,
Let yourself fall.

May 5, 2011


No comments:

Post a Comment